NCAA Eligibility
If you want to play NCAA sports at a Division I or II college, you need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center to ensure that you have met amateurism standards and that you are academically prepared for college coursework.  There are specific academic standards that students need to meet in order to be eligible to play sports in college.

For more information, please go to

What are the athletic divisions in college?
Division I schools, on average, enroll the most students, manage the largest athletics budgets, offer a wide array of academic programs and provide the most athletics scholarships.  This includes schools such as the University of Maine, Boston College, Harvard University, Louisiana State University, etc.  To learn more about the academic standards you need to meet to play DI sports, click here.
Division II schools provide growth opportunities through academic achievement, high-level competition and a focus on community engagement.  While there are no Division II schools in Maine, out-of-state DII colleges include Merrimack College, Southern New Hampshire University, St. Anselm College, Stonehill College, etc. To learn more about the academic standards you need to meet to play DII sports, click here.
Division III schools provide an integrated environment focusing on academic success while offering a competitive athletics environment. If you are planning to attend a Division III school, you do not need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.  DIII colleges include Bates College, Bowdoin College, Colby College, Husson University, UMF, UMPI, USM, etc. To learn more about playing at DIII, click here